Principle – Strong families are the bedrock of a nation. Children flourish in strong families, with parents who are committed to enabling them to achieve their potential in life. Strong families are the foundation of vibrant communities and a better society.
5PM supports policies that strengthen family life through quality social and community services:
- excellence in education – through parental choice, where parents have the same choice over their children’s primary and secondary schooling as they have at pre-school and tertiary level
- a world-class health care system that promotes good living
- the on-going reform of welfare to eliminate the dependency trap and return welfare for the able-bodied to being a temporary safety net for those in need
- a zero tolerance for crime to ensure that communities are safe places to raise a family
- quality infrastructure delivered by well focused councils
- common sense environmental policies that protect those things we wish to leave as a legacy for our children
For policies on this topic goto the policies page HERE.